#d8rules - Web-automation with Rules in Drupal 8
The #d8rules initiative is actively working on porting the Rules module to Drupal 8. In this session fago & dasjo will work with you to get started with writing events, conditions and actions for Rules in Drupal 8.
The session will be a great case study for people familiar with basic Drupal development concepts eager to jump into developing for Drupal 8. As Rules tries to leverage best-practices as much as possible, it is a great starting point to learn all the new things.
To get you up to speed, we’ll quickly introduce you to the following topics:
- Applying new architectural patterns in Drupal 8
- Understanding the Core Plug-in & Context systems
- CMI: Configuration entities and YAML files
- Typed data & Entity API
- Writing Rules action & conditions
- Embedding reusable components: Use rules conditions in the Blocks UI
- Contributing to Rules in Drupal 8
Disclaimer: Rules 8.x is still in its early phase.
Some links to get you started:
Rules on GitHub: https://github.com/fago/rules
Rules 8.x roadmap: https://drupal.org/node/2245015